North Carolina’s oldest operating winery, established in 1975 and the largest winery in the south.
Solution B2C eCommerce
Platform Magento 2
Founded in 1975 and located in Rose Hill, North Carolina, the Duplin Winery boasts the largest wine production facility on the east coast. Wine tasting, special events, and live entertainment at their dinner theaters are provided at both their Rose Hill, NC and North Myrtle Beach, SC locations. Key to Duplin Winery’s success and growth is providing great tasting and award-winning wines to their very loyal fan base.
Duplin Winery was seeking a Technology Partner to replace their existing e-commerce site that was operating on WooCommerce to address many business and technical challenges including better inventory control, centralized management of customer data and loyalty programs, improved integration with their Korona POS system, better handling of shipping and fulfillment processes and data, better content management, and better product management.
Kadro recommended Magento Commerce as Duplin Winery’s next generation e-commerce platform to meet these objectives as well as scale with Magento’s architecture and Magento cloud’s flexible infrastructure to evolve as Duplin Winery’s business grows.
www.duplinwinery.com – Launched: October 2019
The Magento Commerce cloud Duplin Winery project includes the following:
- Website redesign with updating branding and style guidelines.
- Responsive Web design and implementation to achieve consistent usability across mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Migration of Duplin Winery’s business processes for Wine Club Management, Wine Club Processing and all customer loyalty programs within Magento Commerce, including ability to join and manage wine club membership online.
- Omni-channel capabilities for in-store pickup, ship from store, and event management.
- Ability to manage, promote, and purchase scheduled event tickets, wine tasting, and winery tours.
- Custom content management tools for managing and promoting recipes with cross-selling to specific products.
- Integration of Magento Commerce with the Korona POS system.
- Customizations to the Korona POS system for product initialization, product inventory management, and better integration with back-office accounting.
- Customized integration to Magento for better Quickbooks integration for improved tax reporting, shipping payables, and inventory reporting.
- Improved customer account management and gift card management within Magento Commerce.
- Integration with Shipstation for label generation and packing slips.
- Integration with ShipCompliant for sales tax calculations and shipping compliance for alcoholic beverages.
- Integration with APS for PCI-compliant stored credit card management and subscription solution.
- Integration with DotDigital for email marketing.
- Complete data conversion from WooCommerce and previous loyalty program solution, with all product, customer, and order data migrated and converted to Magento.