Heirloom Traditions Paint
Magento 2 Commerce Solution Serving the DIY Novice Painter Community
Platform Magento 2 Open Source
Heirloom Traditions All-In-One Paint delights their customers by selling an interior-designer developed paint product in amazing colors, and supplies, for freshening their homes and furnishings.
Customers can learn and get ideas for projects via painting tutorial videos on the site, as well as on one of the popular Heirloom Traditions social media platforms, mainly Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Before Kadro was hired, the Heirloom Traditions Paint site was experiencing significant site problems since launching with Magento 2 Commerce Cloud. Overall conversions were down significantly from their previous implementation on BigCommerce. Vital business functions for operating the business like order editing and synchronization with SkuVault were plagued with issues. Customers were having bad experiences with the website and were sometimes hampered by checkout issues.
In addition to getting their site stable, they wanted to create their own social community for customer-sharing of ideas, tips, and techniques.
The first step of working with Kadro after having a live eCommerce site is a code assessment. Our team onboarded the code into our local environment and began reviewing the code, to assess what was previously built to Adobe’s best practices and what was built incorrectly. Our team delivered a document stating what needed to be done to get the site from its current state to live in production. Kadro then took over their site providing Magento development and support services to first stabilize the site, and then was able to add new functionality.
- Merged www. and shop. sites into a single store and experience.
- Updated Subscription customer flow.
- Added a consumer-paid shipping insurance option during checkout.
Kadro has also created an active social community site for loyal Heirloom Traditions customers to share information and media about their DIY projects and design ideas.
- Priority was given to the mobile user with Painter’s Place apps for both iPhone and Android.
- This light-weight mobile app uses a push notification feature so customers can be notified of new posts and comments.
- Customers create posts with text, images and/or video to be shared with other customers, and include links to products on the site.
- Other customers can give feedback on the posts.
- The admin can create Contests to engage with their customers.
The social community site was implemented via expanding the Magento VneComs extension with add-ons.