Mason Jars Makerplace
Multi-Vendor Marketplace for B2C Retail and B2B Wholesale
Platform Magento 2
nitially a B2C site selling Mason Jars accessories under the reCAP brand, Mason Jars MakerPlace was established to offer products online from multiple “makers” and craftsman sharing a common market for home-related goods, DIY content, and recipes.
The objective is to establish Mason Jars MakerPlace as a niche multi-seller marketplace that is scalable, agile and user-friendly for all actors: buyers, wholesalers, and sellers. Key elements include the following:
- Full-featured marketplace to allow for multiple sellers to connect with buyers
- Mason Jars Marketplace will curate and seek out fresh new products from new makers (sellers)
- Provide rich and engaging DIY content
- Establish a relevant and easy-to-use wholesaler online experience
Key requirements for the Mason Jars MakerPlace marketplace include the following:
- Multi-site: B2C and wholesalers B2B
- Easy-to-use Content management with ability for visitors to share DIY How-To Videos and Recipes
- Brands management and Sellers management
- Order payment processing, sales tax nexus and fulfillment integrations that handle orders containing products across multiple sellers
- Seller administration tools for managing inventory, products, content, orders and fulfillment
- Wholesaler experience with B2B features for handling on-line application for new wholesalers including credit approval process, handling different payment terms, order by PO, auto-invoicing PO’s, sales tax nexus administration by wholesaler, shipping fulfillment by wholesaler, and management of customer groups.
- Initial product catalog loaded through data conversion from pre-existing B2C BigCommerce site to Magento Commerce.
Mason Jars MakerPlace selected Magento Commerce Cloud as the platform and framework from which to build their new online marketplace for multiple sellers to sell their products. Key factors for that decision were based on the following: enterprise-class and scalable cloud commerce solution for both B2C and B2B, multi-site capabilities, utilization of Vnecom’s marketplace extensions, and robust platform and framework from which to build the customizations needed to meet their business objectives and requirements.
From Internet Retailer – Published June 22, 2018 by James Melton: Why a Mason Jars e‑retailer turned its site into a home goods marketplace
Magento Case Study: How MasonJars.Com Built an Online Marketplace with Magento
Launched in June 2018, the Magento Commerce project for www.masonjars.com consisted of the following:
- Responsive Web design and implementation of Mason Jars MakerPlace custom front-end, unique content areas, and multi-site capabilities for B2C and B2B wholesalers.
- Development of custom content interfaces and CMS tools by extending Magento’s product catalog to support content types to display, organize and manage the following:
- Recipes with product tie-ins
- DIY videos with product tie-ins
- Story pages
- The multi-seller extensions from www.vnecoms.com were used as the foundation for adding the multi-seller functionality to Magento Commerce. This includes the ability for new sellers to sign-up for approval, uploading and managing their products, order management, and fulfillment. Kadro customized the vnecom marketplace extensions to meet Mason Jars MakerPlace’s requirements including featured sellers, featured products by seller, seller stories, seller bios, and seller reward points.
- Kadro integrated Shipstation, Stripe, and Avalara with the Vnecom multi-seller architecture to enable the following support:
- Each seller has their own Shipstation account for managing their fulfillment
- Stripe credit card processing extension modified to allow for payouts to each seller’s sub-account
- Avalara’s AvaTax extension modified to allow for each seller to setup and manage their own sales tax nexus.
- Kadro created custom interfaces and workflows to meet Mason Jars MakerPlace’s B2B wholesaler requirements including new wholesaler sign-up/approval process and wholesaler provided shipping account during checkout.
- Integration with Mailchimp for email marketing and transactional emails.
- Development of custom brand pages, brand badges, managing products by brand, and filter products by brand.
The Kadro team is very responsive, professional and kind. We work closely together when something is out of scope and there have been no surprises.
Get In Touch
Become one of our many satisfied customers who've chosen Kadro to provide best in class eCommerce solutions.
Call (877) 435-3453, email email@example.com, use the form below.