SeaDek Marine Products
Manufacturer and Seller of Innovated Marine Products on Magento Commerce
Solution B2B eCommerce, B2C eCommerce
Platform Magento 2
Founded in 2002, SeaDek® Marine Products, part of Hyperform Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative marine decking materials and lamination for OEM boat builders in the marine industry as well as to boat owners seeking custom products. Made from closed cell PE/EVA foam, SeaDek Marine Products offers safe and comfortable alternatives to marine traction products currently on the market.
In 2019, SeaDek moved their eCommerce website from an ASP/.Net implementation to Magento Commerce cloud. Unfortunately their move to Magento Commerce was not a good experience and resulted in many of the platform’s capabilities not being effectively utilized, a highly unstable implementation, and the SeaDek team growing frustrated as they were drowning in constant site and operational issues that were compounded by lack of support and responsiveness from their current SI.
SeaDek hired Kadro in June 2020 with the objectives to stabilize their eCommerce website so that the SeaDek team could focus on running their online business, provide responsive on-going support and development for new features, and provide strategic guidance for growing their eCommerce business.
After a nightmarish development and long-delayed launch with another development company we were left with a half-baked website that lacked functionality and wasted valuable money and resources. Poor communication, lack of quality control and extensive use of offshore developers resulted in a horrible experience. Making the switch to Kadro made all the difference. From the start they visited with our department managers and team members to understand our company and our needs both short term and long term. Communication has been clear, concise and timely and the quality and efficiency of the work has exceeded expectations.
Kadro began the transition and rescue of the SeaDek.com Magento site by first performing a detailed review of the site’s implementation as well as a Requirements Discovery session with the SeaDek team to fully understand the current website implementation challenges, eCommerce business challenges, and a go-forward plan to provide the support and development that SeaDek needed. Kadro’s assessment and subsequent plan were geared on system stability and enabling the SeaDek team to focus on growing their business versus the daily fighting website issues.
Kadro’s initial plan included the following items:
- Removed unneeded custom Magento code and instead leveraged native Magento functionality. This will help reduce total cost of ownership with future Magento Commerce upgrades.
- Removed several unneeded Magento extensions to eliminate code bloat and impacts to site performance and stability.
- Making sure Magento Commerce Cloud best practices have been followed, in instances where they weren’t (for example, with Fastly configuration and image optimization) changes were implemented to take advantage of these Magento Commerce cloud capabilities.
- Streamlined and ensured proper integration to their ERP (SAP Business One) were in place.
- Complete the setup and installation of Klaviyo for site search.
- Assist in the migration of the SeaDek WordPress blog to a new hosting provider and make sure the navigation and integration points with the Magento site were maintained.
- Provide on-going website development and support with formal development, QA testing, User Acceptance Testing, and deployments to ensure that the site remains stable and serves their business.