Omni-channel Retail with Magento Commerce
Platform Magento 2
Founded in 1997, Weekends Only Furniture & Mattress is a leading furniture retailer in St. Louis and Indianapolis providing a unique concept with their showrooms only open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This allows them to save their customers time and money , providing an experience that adds value to their customer’s lives.
Weekends Only offers their customers the ability to shop and browse their selection of furniture and mattresses online at www.weekendsonly.com with an integrated store locator so that customers can view items from their preferred store location.
During 2017-2018, Weekends Only moved their eCommerce solution to Magento Commerce but faced many challenges to stabilize their online business:
Before partnering with Kadro, we worked with two very different Magento Solution Partners with limited results. After a rocky launch with the first, we decided to “upgrade” to a “Platinum” partner to ensure that all future development followed best practices. Unfortunately, we saw a lot of the same problems resulting from poor communication and hand-offs to overseas developers.
We learned from the challenges of those relationships that we needed a partner who could be agile and accessible without compromising quality and structure. After meeting with a long list of potential partners with indistinguishable technical capabilities, we selected Kadro because of their flexible and direct communication, transparency, and integrity. Since then, Kadro has helped us achieve stability and substantial growth, and have proven to be a solid partner that we can trust and rely on.
In December 2018, Kadro started working with Weekends Only to stablize their Magento Commerce site, fix many back-office integrations that were not working correctly for their business, and work with the Weekends Only team to develop a strategic roadmap for growing their business online.
When rescued website projects transition to Kadro, we first onboard our client’s website and work with them to understand and prioritize the most pressing issues and challenges they are facing. With Weekends Only, we conducted a thorough discovery session with their team to identify and prioritize each of the on-going issues and challenges they faced with operating their new eCommerce site. That resulted in multiple development and build cycles to burn-down the open issues and reach stability for their online business.
Subsequent to the site stabilization phase, Kadro has developed many more features and functionality for Weekends Only including the following:
- Upgrade to latest version of Magento Commerce and establishing routine release management process to keep their site current with security patches and updates of Magento
- Web services-based integration with Pronto ERP software to establish real-time inventory, improved product data accuracy, and improved order management. This included features for split-shipping and accurate in-store inventory for favorite store selected when browsing the web site.
- Adding additional delivery options and tiers to support free to ship to store and in-home delivery.
- Integration with Progressive Leasing as alternative payment method for leasing furniture purchases.
- Integration with GiveX for gift cards that are redeemable instore or online.
- Site search solution with Reflektion to improve their customer’s overall product search experience.
- Improved mega menu administration and management.
- Setup of Yotpo Reviews.